Who We Help
We Help People In Our Own Community
The Spierings Cancer Foundation provides financial support for families affected by cancer, enhances medical care for cancer patients at hospitals in the Fox Cities and funds cancer research in Wisconsin.
We focus on helping families in our own community. In fact, 80% of our funds are spent right here in the Fox Cities, and all of our funds are spent in our own state of Wisconsin.
With your help, we've granted:
$620,50 — To over 450 families
These funds have helped the families with medical bills, medicines, health insurance premiums, travel expenses, and mortgage, rent and utility payments.
$350,000 – To enhance treatment in the Fox Valley
These funds have purchased the following:
- Equipment to administer radiation
- Provided funds for Patient Navigation Program
- HD Microscope
- Teleconferencing equipment
- Anti-nausea medication
- Massage therapy for patients currently fighting cancer
- IPads for patients to use while undergoing chemo treatments.
- Cancer care bags for patients
- A Time to Heal rehabilitation program
- Provided funds for the Anew Cancer Program
$210,000 – For cancer research in Wisconsin
These funds have:
- Established a Genetic Research/Counseling service at Affinity Heath System and purchased a software program that links the genetic counselors at Affinity with the City of Hope Cancer Research Center in Duarte, California.
- Provided funds to researchers at the University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center’s Head and Neck Cancer Research Team.
- Provided funds to the Medical College of Wisconsin Milwaukee for breast cancer research.
- Provided funds to St. Mary's/St Vincent towards the cancer research program